We are growing like never before
How does a company successfully partner with the cement industry for almost 40 years? Simply put: the dedication, imagination and skill of our employees have made us the success we are today and will make us even better in the future.
At PSCL we take pride in everything we do and we care about our customers, our people and our products. Profit is not our only driver, it’s chasing our potential! We’re interested in the future of work and how to do things differently, faster and more efficiently.
Our people are empowered and have the tools to be:
- Proud of their craft
- Innovative for our customers
- Disruptive to our competitors
We provide a work environment conducive to the needs of our employees, and together we continue to build a world-class company.
They are definitely doing something right. I never had a job interview go so smoothly. I’m usually always nervous for the whole interview. But this one was so comfortable for me. More employers should adopt this same approach.
PSCL combines modern technologies and architecture with traditional process control integration. We also encourage growth and training in our development professionals!
Business Analyst - One Year Contract — Edmonton AB
Are you up for a real challenge? If you’re a listener who can break down complex problems and explain your thinking, we have a backlog of functional requirements work that needs your enthusiasm.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our product and project teams for a one-year contract term. You will work alongside other business analysts and report directly to the Vice President. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create direct channels of communication to software and application developers that get the job done without managerial interjection
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports that are delivered to developers and then follow-up on all results
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of associated work experience
- Advanced SQL database management and maintenance skills
- Practical application ability with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Experience in Rational Unified Process
- Experience in Scrum Framework and Agile processes
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Strong experience in user acceptance testing
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
You must have the right to work in Canada before applying for this position. PSCL is an equal opportunity employer, and we pride ourselves on our cultural diversity.
CRM Developer - Contract Position — Edmonton
Are you up for a challenge? Do you like being involved in all aspects of product development? Are you passionate about your craft as well as the technology of programming?
We are seeking a contractor for a three-month term to design and implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain a platform roadmap, customizing the system to meet the business needs of the company
Core Competency Requirements
- Proficient in developing, coding, customizing, integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Demonstrated proficiency in installing and deploying CRM Organizations
- Demonstrated proficiency in customizing and creating CRM entities
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and implementing business workflows and processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in using the either the CRM SDK or plugin platforms. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft .NET development using C#
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Proven communication skills
- Strong drive to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Preferred Competency Requirements
- Experience with supporting Microsoft products (SQL Server, SharePoint)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Experience working on an agile development team
- Diploma or degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline
- 3 – 5 years of related experience or combination of relevant education and experience
Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services or Crystal Reports
- Source control tools such as Team Foundation Server, Git or Subversion
- Software design and testing methodologies
- Integrate existing systems and services into the CRM architecture.
- Assist with documentation and training activities
They made me feel that they really know the industry, and that they are aware of what kind of employees they need.
Customer Support & Integration
We don’t have ordinary support people. We like to send ours on adventures! Our customer support staff are involved on projects from end to end: Testing, installation, customer relationships, long term support and upgrades are all a part of the job. We want the customer support team to develop an understanding of the cement industry and a relationship with our customers. As a Customer Support & Integration analyst, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that any issue is managed from beginning to end. You must have the ability to travel.
If you’re a dedicated person interested in technical support and field integration and want to expand your horizons, we’d love to talk to you!
Technical Customer Support Analyst — Edmonton, AB
All Support & Integration Analysts
- Log, investigate, escalate, and resolve support requests from customers via e-mail and telephone
- Provide on-call (24/7) support to customers on a rotating basis
- Provide training and guidance to customers both on-site and remotely
- Perform quality assurance testing as required on all products
- Create and contribute to portfolio documentation using WIKI and Sentry
- Travel to customer sites to provide commissioning and training of products
- Report to management team on a daily basis while on site providing commissioning and training to clients
- Provide remote commissioning and training of products when required
- Maintain customer information in Sentry – including hardware details, software versions and customer contacts details
- Work within the time allotments provided by the Customer Support & Integration Manager and report immediately variations in time required for allocated work
- Accurately record time use in Time Track application
- Open call review/monitoring
- Ensuring calls are opened and client has been contacted
- Providing status updates to the clients
- Closing out support calls after upgrades
- Maintaining client specific documentation
- Visio site drawings
- Sentry records (Computers/kiosks/PLCs/firewalls, installed versions, contacts)
- VPN connection procedures
- PLC programs
- Customer Specific CDM usage (Interfaces, unique applications, etc.)
- Storage Manager templates
- Virtual environment maintenance
- System Support maintenance (purging logs, database backups, etc.)
- Site audits
- Kiosk health checks
- Storage Manager and SQL Maintenance verification
- Database backup retention
- Regular database backup retrieval
- Purging outdated backups
Friendly and engaging – which provides great insight into the company’s culture.
Sorry – we aren’t actively filling any Administrative positions at this time.
Sorry – we aren’t actively filling any Automation team positions at this time.
Sorry – we aren’t actively filling any Internal Support Team positions at this time.
Sorry – we aren’t actively filling any Management Team positions at this time.